The skills required to win change are varied and changing. We’re committed to continuous learning in this area, and making what we learn available to you. All Plan to Win workshops are highly participatory and grounded in lived experiences of social change work.
Plan to Win provides public workshops for diverse participants, as well as workshops specific to partner organisations or campaigns.
Customised workshops are offered in a range of areas, not limited to:
- Story-based campaign strategy: Drawing on groundbreaking curriculum by US strategists Center for Story-based Strategy, this workshop unlocks creativity and gives you the tools to analyse the story of your opponent and develop your campaign’s own compelling narrative. Effective story-based approaches amplify the impact of grassroots organising and challenge the underlying assumptions that shape the status quo.
- Framing, Messaging and Meme-Spreading: Develop strategic and viral campaign messages which capture the imagination of your audience and reframe debate.
- Organising: With the tools honed through grassroots community organising and union organising you can connect with people’s deep motivations, grow your campaign, develop leaders and build power for change.
- Public narrative: Learn how to tell your personal story, connect to your movement’s story, and motivate others to take action.
- Activist pathways: Building your supporter base, engaging new activists, supervising volunteers and developing leaders.
- Building strong groups: Winning outcomes in the world requires resilient and functional groups. Build your group through team retreats, planning days with a group maintenance focus, or workshops on group process, roles, structure, decision-making, growth, change and conflict.
- Train-the-trainer: An intensive workshop for facilitators and trainers – and those aspiring to play this important role in social movements.
- Sustaining activism: It is possible to have a healthy and happy life while working for change. This workshop includes a number of activities to reflect on current practices, share tips for managing stress and achieving greater balance, and set goals for the future.
After something else? Our skills and knowledge extend well beyond this list. We can also connect you with other trainers or facilitators.
For examples of recent training see the workshop reports.