The December session includes:
- Campaign Review 2011. A look back at the year in campaigning – the wins, the losses, and the lessons for the future.
- Campaign Case Study: 100% Renewable Energy. Go behind the scenes on this campaign’s strategy: campaign vision and objectives, targeting, tactics, engaging supporters and responding to political opportunity during 2011. 100% Renewable is a community initiated campaign working to build community and political support for renewable energy. Please note the focus of this discussion will be on process rather than content; the strategy and craft of campaigning rather than the nitty-gritty of renewable energy.
Location: The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street Melbourne
Time: 6.30pm til 8pm. This event kicks off at 6pm with light snacks and networking, and the workshop starts at 6.30pm sharp.
Date: Thursday 1 December
Further info: Holly Hammond – call 0421 508 446 or via the Contact page.
Twitter: #melbcamp @Holly_PTW
What are people saying about the Melbourne Campaigners’ Network?
Some feedback from the last two sessions:
- Excellent networking opportunity.
- Story-based strategy info was great! Made me think in a new way. Nice to have it linked to current Australian examples and political context too.
- What was good and useful? Tim’s ideas, tips, responsiveness. Clear concise experienced communication!
- Great presentation – many new ideas!
- MCN is a great initiative, please keep it up!
Melbourne Campaigners’ Network in 2012
This network is based on the interests and contributions of participants. Here are some of the topics suggested so far through evaluation forms at the first two MCN events:
- Theories of change
- Campaign case studies
- Activist support and wellbeing, sustaining activism
- Community organising and personal narrative
- Activating the inactive
- Campaign communications eg PR, media, branding
- Brian Martin’s “Backfire model”
- Using social media
- Event organising
Got a topic you think we should all know about? Hungry for particular information about campaigning? Want a chance to present to your peers in a supportive environment? Get in touch via the form below and let us know!