The Melbourne Campaigner’s Network holds gatherings for activists, campaigners and organisers to meet and learn together. The emphasis is on networking, exchanging ideas, and discovering new approaches which can be applied to campaigns.
Sessions can be focused on a wide range of topics – check out the big list of past sessions to get a sense of what’s been covered so far. Here’s some ideas of what you can do in an MCN session:
- Present a campaign case study
- Run a practical skills session
- Review a book and invite others to discuss the insights
- Have a panel of speakers on an emerging issue
- Report back from a trip overseas, a conference, or a campaign experience
- Workshop a campaign challenge
- Discuss a ‘movement moment’ such as an election, budget, or campaign trigger event
… or many other options.
MCN is a Plan to Win project convened by Holly Hammond with trainees and collaborators. Presenters will be supported to develop interactive and dynamic sessions. If you’re looking to develop your skills as a trainer or presenter this is a great chance to practice!
MCN sessions run for two hours – presenters will have 90 minutes, with 15 minutes before and after for introductions, networking, and announcements.
Most MCN sessions have been held on Thursdays at 6pm-8pm with a dinner following nearby. We also hold some gatherings on Saturdays designed to be family friendly. The calendar for upcoming sessions will be developed with presenters.
Fill out this survey to express interest in presenting at Melbourne Campaigners’ Network. If you have any queries contact Holly Hammond via the contact form or 0421 508 446.