The Melbourne Campaigner’s Network is a monthly gathering for campaigners, activists, and organisers to discuss ideas, exchange resources and discover new approaches to social change.
Four great speakers confirmed:
- Tom Civil, community graphic designer and artist
- Arlene TextaQueen, Australia’s felt-tip super-heroine
- Van Thanh Rudd, artist and activist
- Jessie Boylan, photomedia artist
The March MCN will explore the connection between art and campaigning. Come along to:
- Explore how art can be used in a campaign – to make injustice visible, raise awareness, amplify concerns, gain support, build the movement and put pressure on power-holders.
- See examples of how art has been used effectively in past campaigns.
- Hear from artists producing work in support of struggles for social and environmental justice.
- Find out how to work with artists to improve the effectiveness of your campaigning.
The session is a collaboration between Melbourne Campaigners’ Network and Arena Project Space and includes display of political artworks, a panel of artists, and the usual discussion and networking.